Saturday, December 18, 2010

Triple XXX

From West Lafayette, IN, the home of the Purdue Boilermakers, comes a root beer with a tantalizing and intriguing name: XXX, which claims to "make thirst a joy." Will they get three stars from us to match their moniker?

John: It's hard to describe how bad this root beer is. The worst of the worst. Other one star brews may taste horrible, but at least they're trying; But XXX is the weakest, most watered-down impersonation of a root beer I've ever tasted. It's just root beer infused tap water--that got diluted with more tap water. Even the stuff you get for a quarter in a can from the supermarket is better (and cheaper). Exactly what you'd expect from West Lafayette. I'll give it one star instead of zero, only to make sure I don't confuse a Purdue grad who may be inclined to think I forgot to rate it. This stuff just sucks. Boiler down. *

Jo: Puck furdue. You can put that on my review, I don't even have to taste it. *

FRED: UNPLEASANT FROM THE FIRST TASTE. WEAK AND BORING. LIKE WATERED DOWN ROOT BEER. YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY THIRSTY TO DRINK THIS. *

No comments:

Post a Comment